Friday Groceries is run by a team of over 100 volunteers each week. This includes volunteers who oversee the packaging of groceries for Fridays and the day-to-day upkeep of the Distribution Center, as well as receiving donations each week. In September 2013, we added a church service to Friday Groceries to better meet the needs of the families who come for groceries. This additional service has dramatically increased the number of opportunities for our volunteers to serve and minister to those in need. Friday Groceries is open every Friday from 10am-12pm at the Guts Distribution Center in Tulsa and at Guts North in Skiatook.
Friday Groceries is an outreach of Guts Church to Friday Groceries is provide weekly groceries, clothing, shoes and toys for families at no cost.
How you can get involved:
“Our day is not complete until we’ve helped someone who cannot repay us.”
When volunteering for Friday Groceries please follow these guidelines:
- Meet at the Distribution Center
- Wear appropriate work clothing: closed toe shoes, (no flip-flops or sandals) jeans or shorts (no athletic or cut-off shorts) and your Team Relief/Friday Groceries volunteer shirt.
(A Team Relief shirt will be made available to you if you do not currently have one.)
A team leader will place you in a position when you arrive at 9:30am and you will be done volunteering by 12:30pm.
Any further questions?
44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ Pray and believe God for the following in the lives of those in need:
- Physical health and healing in their bodies
- Job opportunities and finances to come into their life
- Peace in homes
- Restoration in minds
SPREAD THE WORD
You can help share the vision of Friday Groceries with our community.
- Tell your friends and family and schedule a Friday to volunteer together.
- Let families in need of meals know that they can seek help at Guts Church every Friday from 10am to 12noon.
- Follow Guts Church on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest news and events from the church