07 May Good (Godly) Leadership
• Myth: Good leaders are great at everything.
• Good leaders are team builders.
• Can I train, coach, delegate, and follow up?
• Team builders give others opportunity to be strong.
• Do I have what it takes?
• Sometimes it’s imperative to do a little of everything.
• Successful talented people leave space for others.
1 Corinthians 12:20-25
But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another.
• Distinguish between authority and competency.
• Your insufficiency is someone else’s opportunity.
• There are many things I can do, but I need to focus on what I must do.