23 Apr New Life Explained Notes
- Know the Truth
- Set parameters by God’s Truth
- Know who you are in Christ
1 Thessalonians 5:23-24
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.
- All three, our spirit, soul, and body come into play, when we start talking about our freedom.
For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
- We don’t have to live in bondage to sin or the other unhealthy things that used to dominate our lives.
- The price for our freedom has been paid.
- We have a new way of thinking.
- New standards
- New right and wrong
- New source of strength
- New power
- New motivation
- New objective
- New goals
- NEW LIFE!
- Our old way of living doesn’t work.
2 Corinthians 5:17-21
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
- God’s Word, His Will connects with our re-created spirit, but then has to transform our soul (mind, will, emotions) and affects our body.